Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fireplace Mantle Redo

Here is our fireplace mantle redo. I bought this vintage mantle in Arkansas and brought it back to Texas.Below is the after.
Here is the before. It kind of looked like a big black hole .We ripped out the old mantle, before we even moved in to the house last summer.
Here is the hole in the wall after tearing out the mantle and the tile surround. I love demo!
Here it is patched up and waiting.Here is the taped shape of the new mantle. You can see the difference in size-we even cut down the new mantle.
Below is the mantle before painting and tiling.
Here it is-finally finished. I will post a better after pic when I get the mantle decorated. You can't really see the dental molding, but that is what I loved.
It was a fun project, and I don't regret ripping out the old fireplace for one minute. I'm joining Very Merry Vintage Style. Have a great Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
Leslie

6 comments:

  1. That is a super impressive project. Love the makeover. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it came out beautifully!! Can't wait to see how you decorate it!! ;) xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a beautiful job taking the track home look out of it. All the molding looks like it has been there for years...smiles...Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. I love to see old things given new life. You mantel is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Great job! Thanks for the nice comment on my furniture update. :-) I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty--it looks so modern and clean. Thanks so much for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday at Very Merry Vintage Style.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete