Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Laundry Room Today

Some of you will remember my laundry room mini re-do from a few years back. I thought I'd show it again. It hasn't changed much.
 The sampler was made by me when I was about 9 years old- my first one.
 Little red shelf made for me by Hubby. My little apron collection is hanging on the heart shaped hooks. The second hook from the left has an embroidered apron that was worn by my Grandma. The rest were found at thrift stores. I love the colors!
 I added the red and white curtain to hide the ugly plugs and water hoses. Still easy access. The little sprinkle thing for ironing was my Mom's. I remember her using it when she ironed.
 I have been making my own laundry soap. I absolutely love it and the smell is wonderful. I followed this recipe from Stone Gable. I even found a vintage spoon to scoop it out with.
 Here is a view of the whole wall. Very hard to photograph, because it is just a tiny walk through space.The vintage picnic basket was found at a thrift store. I keep all my cleaning supplies in the metal pie safes up above.
 The sign was made by me from an old cabinet insert.
Here's the original post.I won't show the opposite side-it has changed from my cute little storage cupboard to Hubby's brewing area. He stores all his home brew supplies there. It's got to go someplace.

More to share in the garden next week. Hope you are getting some wonderful weather. We made it through the Texas storms, just fine, but there were alot of bad storms around Dallas.The sun is shining today! Have a happy Mother's Day!
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. LOVE your "cherry" laundry room! Cute card that you shared.
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie, I love your laundry. So fun to have seen it in person too. The cherry theme is one I really enjoy and I'm sure it makes doing laundry a bit more fun!! Darling stitch designs too and I adore the aprons. Have a great rest of the week and weekend ahead. Happy Mother's Day. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun having you over. Thanks so much. I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day and get pampered by your guys!

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, that is laundry room LOVE, Leslie! Your sampler is just a precious treasure, and so is your mom's sprinkler bottle. Thank you for ALL the lovely inspiration in this wonderful space. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the cutest laundry room! I've got mine decorated with of the same things you have on display. Your colors are so bright and cheery!! Having a cute laundry room kinda helps make it more tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I wouldn't give for an adorable laundry room like yours! That sampler is so darn cute as are the aprons hanging on the hooks. And I remember my mother using one of those sprinkle bottles before the tupperware model replaced it. It's nice that you share the other half for the all important brewery. hiccup

    Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sweet laundry room...the little sampler is adorable and I LOVE your aprons...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your laundry room, Leslie! The red makes the space happy and invigorating. I love all the vintage touches.

    Hope to see you at Thoughts of Home tomorrow. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your laundry room! So bright and cheery! Laundry is my least favorite chore but a cute laundry room helps! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about all the effort you must have put in to get all the coordinating items in your laundry room together! I bet you've taken quite a while to pull out the right pieces from storage and arranged together in there so you should be proud about how it's all come together now!

    ReplyDelete