Sunday, November 7, 2010

Turkey Time!


Here are the last of my fall decorations. I feel like I'm really behind-I'm seeing so much Christmas decorations already. I know-I have an obsession with vintage turkey salt and peppers. I found the first giant turkey at Salvation Army years ago and started collecting them. I finally found the mate to the first one. I do love the Made in Japan ones with the flaky red paint on their gobbles.
I put the gaggle of turkeys on my fall penny rug. I like to make these from felted wool and wool felt.I traced a leaf and went from there.
Fun and easy to make. See the acorns around the edge?
Here's my mantle-even though I have alot of stuff, I try to keep it pretty simple and not too cluttered.
Here's some of my thrifted finds from last week. The boot is metal-I've seen these, but don't really know what they are from. Can anyone help? They are sitting on a lace cut out(new) round table cloth that I found for $1.97. It seems to be in perfect condition. I have a round dining table, so I'm always excited to find a round cloth. Yeah!
It's going to be a busy week ahead. Don't you just feel the energy in the air? I know I'll probably poop out in about a month, so I better take advantage of it now!
Leslie

8 comments:

  1. What a great and inspiring post. The turkeys are darling. The tablecloth is a great find and the plates and boot are perfect. I really like your mantel. I think less is definitely more except at Christmas when I tend to be as over the top as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gobble..Gobble..now I know who to send the rescued turkeys too..lol Love the way they are displayed.

    Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your "rafter" of turkeys looks fantastic all together like that! I'm sorry, but I had to Google what a group of turkeys is called! And your penny rug is fantastic. I've got a pattern for an Easter one that I really want to make. We'll see if I ever start it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an inspiring post! I don't have a thing to decorate T'Day with, and this is such a wonderful idea! I will have to keep my eyes open now for red gobblers! Thanks for sharing. Always wonderful to visit here! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful collection of Turkeys! My mom always hated that everyone seemed to ignore Thanksgiving, going right from Halloween to Christmas! I actually have quite a few decorations just for Thanksgiving because she felt so strongly about this. Guess I should take some pictures. Have a great week, Nan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great turkey collection! I go straight to Christmas because of all the decorating I do!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leslie!
    Oh gosh, I am running so far behind! ACK!
    What a wonderful collection you have, love all of your Turkey S&P's and your darling Fall decor!
    I was going to say Happy Week to you but I'm too late even for that. woe is me. So ...
    Happy Veteran's Day and long holiday weekend to you! ;)
    Sally

    ReplyDelete