Sunday, March 13, 2011

Time To Rise

A birdie with a yellow bill
Hopped upon my windowsill
Cocked his shining eye and said
'Ain't you shamed, you sleepy-head?'
Robert Louis Stevenson
I was a sleepy head this morning when the time sprang forward-but I'm glad it's finally feeling like spring around here.
I took these pic's in Arkansas at my Dad's house-he has the best bird feeder and gets tons of different kinds of birds and woodpeckers. I didn't see the pilliated(Woody) woodpecker that day.
I could sit and watch it for hours out the sliding glass door. It was kind of cold that day-but the birds came out in droves. Hope you have a great day and enjoy the little signs of spring.
Leslie

2 comments:

  1. I love the birds !

    have a good day
    marylin FRANCE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to memorize that poem in elementary school....been a long time since I even thought about it..))smiles))....great pictures!

    ReplyDelete