Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Pillow Transfer Project

 I decided to try my hand at fabric transfer. Here is my sample to check the size with my pillow form.
I used Tailor Iron -On Print'n Press transfer sheets from JoAnns.I followed the directions on the transfer sheet.I got the graphics from the Graphics Fairy and typed the text on Word. You do have to reverse the image before printing. I cut apart the words.
 Laid them out on my white canvas fabric I  already had. I did run a test on a scrap piece, because I wanted a faded, aged look.
 Ironed them on and there is my design.
 I added pompom fringe and sewed a plain white backing fabric.
 Here it is. I think it came out pretty well for my first try. I'll probably be doing more of these.
 So fun to do. You can also print in color, but I wanted a simple black faded look.
 Trying to add a few touches of black to my bedroom. I redid this old piece of tin ceiling. Hope to share the whole room with you all soon.
I'm back to my Zumba class, but still coughing. Hope you are staying healthy and have a great week.
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love the green pom pom trim and the green chenille pillows, too. Your little chalkboard drawing is darling and it's reminded me that I need to erase my Christmas drawings. I hope you're feeling better and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh Leslie, the pillow turned out great and so did your little sign! I've always wanted to try the transfer process, and you've given me inspiration to do it. Hope you'll be over your cough soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie, Love your transfer pillow. It turned out great and the addition of the green pompoms is the best touch! I know it's great fun as I have done this too but used Leslie's Transfer sheets from Amazon. I will have to try yours from JoAnna's. Looking forward to seeing your completed master bedroom.
    Love your nest sign too.
    Hope your cough gets better. Have fun at Zumba!! I'm watching it snow at the moment!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Celeste. It was a fun project and pretty easy to do. Cough is slowly getting better each day. Snow sounds kinda nice! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. This is an adorable pillow...and I really like the trim you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh! it turned out so beautiful...

    Please visit: http://from-a-girls-mind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That pillow is really adorable. I love how you managed to make the writing faded enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pillow is so cute! Projects like that always intimidate me but you made it look easy.

    Don't you love zumba?

    ReplyDelete
  8. A truly darling project for your sweet nest. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete