Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Grouting and Red Signs

Hi all,
I'm still in the middle of grouting as you can see, should be able to finish it today. Sandra from Sawdust and Paperscraps was nice enough to send me some helpful hints. I took a cue from her great kitchen re-do to do my backsplash in white subway tile.




Here are some red vintage signs that I have in my kitchen in honor of Rednesday from It's a Very Cherry World. The red root beer sign is glass and I think was from an old soda machine. The thermometer was bought on the way back from Austin on the side of the road. It was kind of bent and the guy just hammered the dinks out. I would have been scared to do that.
I would like to thank you for your comments. I enjoy reading them and getting to know you all. It's so much more fum blogging when you know someone is reading along. I love so many blogs and have been reading some of them for years. You guys make my day!
Leslie

14 comments:

  1. I just love your vintage red signs in your kitchen. Great touches of RED and it makes me happy.

    Teacup Lane (Sandy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly love those signs and they would look wonderful in my Kitchen too! LOL!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old advertising signs, and I think that they add so much personality to a room!
    Your backsplash is looking fantastic, and there's nothing like the look of subway tile. You will be a pro by the time you're finished!
    Happy REDnesday!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those vintage red signs! Who doesn't like root beer?? I've been looking at your blog and I see so much I like. First of all, Max is a little doll!! Bentley would love to play with him. Next, your sweet shop is adorable. I love that vintage sink with the darling skirt. I want to shrink myself down and move in!! Thanks for visiting me today. Now that I am your newest follower, I will be back to visit you often!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have yourself a couple of great signs! I can't wait to see your finished kitchen. I love kitchen re-dos!
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving those signs. I was thinking of subway tile also when we redo our kitchen. Loving the look girl. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Leslie, I love your white subway tile. Very cool.
    Happy Reds~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love...Love the red signs. Happy Rednesday to you and I too love to visit here.Mica/ The Child's Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Leslie!
    Thank you so very much for your kind words on my blog, I so appreciate them and you.
    So glad you're enjoying your blog experience. Isn't it fun when people "talk back to you" (in a nice way teehee) on your blog?!
    Oh! I love your signs, so much fun!
    Happy Rednesday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. I’m so happy you will be joining the Where Bloggers Create party this year!!! I think it will be even bigger and better than last year! I’ll be in touch!
    Karen
    My Desert Cottage
    Valentine Design

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great signs! And I really like your header, my heart skipped a beat! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Leslie!

    Looks like your tiling is coming along great! I really like the loo of the subway tile.

    What fun signs! that root beer one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great signs! I can't wait to see it all finished! And, I love your celluloid(?) vignette in the post below - the mirror looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your kitchen, even as a work in progress. Great rooster on the windowsill.

    ReplyDelete