Monday, April 26, 2010

Kitchen Progress


Well, I made it through the weekend.
Highlights-granite countertops are in.
-Tiled backaplash-took twice as long as I thought
-Grouted small part of backsplash and decided I hate grouting. Has anyone grouted and has wonderful tips or hints for me?

I'll continue grouting this week, and hopefully finish by Saturday, because I have a piano recital in my home on Sunday. Busy week. I' missed so many garage sales this weekend. I'm jealous of all of you who got to go out in nice weather. Anyway I'll keep my nose to the grindstone and fill you in on my progress. The pic above is from my bathroom-at least it is finished!

5 comments:

  1. Ooo, I love your vignette - it's so charming and romantic! Gives me some good ideas :))
    Good luck with the grouting and I hope you finish in plenty of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just read your comment on my blog and thought I'd come over and offer you what knowledge I have on grouting. Grouting your backsplash should be a one day job. I'm sorry to hear that you are having a rough time of it. First, I need to know what grout and tools you are using. It is best to grout everything at once or you can have start/stop lines. Shoot me an email and I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. I'm definitely not an expert but I've done my fair share of grouting. Sawdust girl
    wspowell9@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just stumbled onto your blog and see that we both live in North Texas, have similar collections, and just started blogging. I have jadite dishes and I noticed a Raggedy Ann in one of your photos. I don't get much scrapbooking done, but I do love papercrafting and making things with vintage stuff.
    Good luck with your tiling, I'm not brave enough to try that yet!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was almost confused by the picture and title...I thought that looks like a bathroom...but then you confirmed it was...whew...anyoo...can't wait to see your progress on the kitchen. Happy week ahead to you.Mica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how pretty! I love the way this looks. Hope you are having a great day! Twyla

    ReplyDelete