Friday, April 30, 2010

Kitchen Counter,Backsplash -Check


Well here are some pic's of my first half of kitchen redo. The granite countertops and tile backsplash are finished.
We will be re tiling the floors in about a month. I inherited this blue and white checked floor and I really loved it because it went with my vintage style. Problem-we have about 6 different floorings on first floor of our house and needed to make all the tiles one. We are going with a neutral tile that will be good for resale.
How do you take a picture of a window? You can kind of see the new faucet-we kept old sink.
The grouting is done and I can check this off my to do list Yea! Piano recital this week end- then on to ripping out old tile next week. Have a wonderful weekend!

Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!
    Your kitchen is so charming! I'm so envious. I love the checkerboard floor. Are you doing all the new tiling yourself??? I need to retire to my bed just thinking about all that DIY productive - ness teehee!
    We have the original diminutive 1950's starter home kitchen. It's not big enough for one husband, one wife and one Golden Retriever who likes to lounge in the middle of the narrow floor space, to all be in the room at the same time. (worlds longest sentence!) woe is me. WHINE!
    Wishing you a very happy weekend!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...it looks so good and clean...I love the faucet and the old sink...good call! All your hard work will surely pay off. Have a great recital night...My son is a talented pianist....Hugs,Mica/The Child's paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with your kitchen! The white makes it look so fresh and clean, and I like the little pops of color here and there. I can't wait to see what your new floor will look like!
    Have a great weekend!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has been in the tile business for over 30 years. You are doing a great job!!

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome - you can come redo my kitchen if you want - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi....your kitchen looks lovely. You are doing a great job. Very inviting.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found you at Chari's! Oh, your kitchen is so pretty! I just love the pretty white.
    Be a sweetie,
    shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great job!! Are they new cabinets or did you paint them and is the walls in the kitchen painted a pale yellow or is it just the way it looks on my computer screen? If so, what is that shade called if you don't mind. I will be repapering and repainting my kitchen in June.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, it looks so good. You did a great job! Now why didn't I think to frame it out placing one row of tile vertically? I'll have to redo mine now...NOT! Really great job and thanks for the shout out in your last post. Our kitchens looks really similar don't they. Same layout, white cabinets, yellow walls...we might be brain twins too.

    ReplyDelete