Monday, May 3, 2010

Holy Guacamole!


Avocados are on sale 3 for dollar here in Texas.I always stock up-because we love them and they're good for you. I also like to make guacomole. Thought I'd show you how-if you don't know already. You need about 3 ripe avocados(you can tell if you push on it , it should give a little, not squish in- that's past ripe.t 3 green onions chopped, cilantro(if you like it), 1 jalapeno chopped,1 lime for juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.
Use the knife to get the pit out, just be careful you don't get your hand.
Put avocado in bowl and mash with a fork or a potato masher(if you like it chunky)
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix with spoon.
Enjoy!
Yea, I posted my first recipe. Let me know if you try it and what you like to eat guacamole with or on. I'm about to start tearing out our tile floor. Will update as progress is made.
I've been visiting so many new blogs lately and am amazed at whats out there! Thank you again for comments. I love reading them!
Happy Monday!
Leslie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie, I love guacamole but my husband doesn't. Think I will make this anyway....he doesn't know what he is missing. Ha.

    Have a blessed day.

    Barb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie..did you know you can freeze them whole. I buy them on sale..place in freezer bag and freeze!!This works out great when we need an avocodo or three for guacomole. You did great on the recipe.

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leslie!
    We love guacamole! My husband could burritos & guacamole and chips around the clock I think. I need to try to make it again - I tried years ago and it wasn't very exciting. No oomph. :( I loved reading Cindy's tip - had no idea you can freeze avocados!
    Happy Monday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the most fun scrolling through past posts! Your red dollhouse is just too wonderful for words! I am so glad to have seen it and have gotten lots of wonderful ideas for my own little house. Have a lovely week! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm,I've never made my own and I think I may try this!I love guacamole:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I dare admit that I've never made homemade guacamole? I'll be excited to try. My Hubby will love it! Great tip about freezing them too. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great first recipe post-- I usually just post a photo of the finished dish but think I will start adding photos of each stage.

    I make guac all the time-- I always add a minced garlic clove and I like to add a few chopped tomatoes---- when I have off the vine tomatoes-- not cold storage. Sometimes I even add a little sourcream if it is too dry or thick. I love cilantro but don't always have it handy.

    I didn't know avocados could be frozen either-- I wonder how that affects the color/texture?

    ReplyDelete