Saturday, May 29, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!

It's been a crazy week, with the tile being installed and then putting the house back together again. Bathroom and laundry room still aren't done. It will get there this week end-or else I can't do laundry. Oh- maybe that would be a good thing.
Remember a few posts ago I showed these plates and assorted stuff I got from thrift stores? Well, here is my first attempt at a tablescape. The only thing I bought new was the flowers and the candy in the dish. It was really fun putting this together .
I've got to find out how to put the silverware-I can't believe the fork is tilted! Anyway, my BFF came over yesterday and we had fun, pulling out different dishes and thinking about more tablescapes. My rule to myself will be, use what I've got or buy at a thrift store. Anyway hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Leslie

7 comments:

  1. Looks good, Leslie...pictures turned out great! Have you thought of any other tablescapes since yesterday? your BFF, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, your table looks beautiful! I hope you have enjoyed your day and have a wonderful holiday weekend! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tablescape looks awesome! A very fun, cheery and perfect table for the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, You did a wonderful job. I love that you pieced together finds to create a wonderful table for your family. I hope you enjoyed your holiday weekend! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie,
    I love your table setting and the flower arrangement.:) How pretty it all looks together.
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tablescape for the holiday!! You did a great job.

    I did my first tablescape too for Memorial Day.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job on your first tablescape! You have to enter Tablescape Thusday hosted by Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, you'll really enjoy seeing what everyone is doing with their tablescapes! Tell Susan I asked you to join in the party at her place! Thank you for becoming my newest follower!
    Hugz,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete