Monday, May 24, 2010

Senior Mini-Scrapbook

Here is a pic of the Mini Scrapbook I have made for my graduating Senior. I did a collage in his name of all the things that have been important to him through his school years. Below is what I started with. A kids board book that I thougth would be the right size and number of pages.A GW find.
I did a little repair to the right corner and I sanded the gloss off of every page. That way the glue will stick.
I glued on primary color background pages. I weighted each page down with books until they dried. I wanted to keep it simple and schooly without going over the top. I was keeping him in mind-not me(otherwise I would have done a retro themed book)
I counted the pages and planned on one side per grade. Example-1st grade left side, 2nd goes on the right and so on.I shrunk down the pic's on the computer.I only put a few pics-things that he participated in or enjoyed. This is not meant to be a full record of school years-I have done that in his school scrapbooks.


I had 2 pages at the end left-did all the pics through the years and a little thought at the end.
This was my first board book. It was really fun to do and I plan on doing some more. Probably vintage next time around-I really had to restrain myself. I will give this to him on graduation day. I can't believe it's in a few weeks!

Have a good day!
Leslie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie!
    Your son is such a cutie! Your scrapbook is so charming, I love how you've broken it down by school years and I love the "To be continued" and the city skyline. Bright lights, big city!
    ahem, I need to be working on a High School graduation gift for my youngest niece ... silly me, I thought she was graduating at least a week later than I just found it she is. WHOOPS! So I need to get crackin' this week.
    Happy Monday to you!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie..what a great idea!! I find these books at Goodwill all the time.Thanks for the suggestion.

    Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leslie!
    What a stupid head I am! I just noticed you have an Etsy shop, sorry I didn't notice before. D'oh. Your stuff is darling! That reminds me that I need to reopen my shop - I closed it in December and have so enjoyed not thinking about it but some spending moola would be fun too! ;)
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute!!!! My boys graduated years ago, but I could make these and put them away for a special day.....I lvoe the primary colors....so happy! :) I am glad you got your decals...enjoy! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Leslie!
    Stopping by to let you know I gave you an award on my blog.
    http://sallyanniemagundy.blogspot.com/2010/05/guess-who-came-for-lunch-and-award.html

    Happy Tuesday,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! Why didn't I think of that? :-) I have two boys graduation this year, and it's so busy! Anyhow, maybe for their college graduation one day. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete