Sunday, September 27, 2015

Fun Fall Tablescape and Leaf Banner

It's been awhile since I've done a tablescape. I thought I'd do one with adding orange and fall colors for a fun table.
 I found the brown jug at the thrift store, and filled it with grocery store flowers.
Check out Mr. and Mrs. Chipmunk salt and pepper shakers. Look at his little smile!
 All of the orange stuff and gold glasses and wine glasses were also thrifted.The little orange plates were Crate and Barrel via GoodWill.  The bakelite flatware was won at an auction.

 The brown woven placemats are from Walmart.I used a burlap table runner that I made a while ago. The brown edged dinner plates were my wedding china,


 I used woolfelt to make a new fall banner. My old one was eaten up by something in the garage.
 I cut 2 of each free handed leaf shape. Simple embroidery to the veins.I whip stitched the second leaf to the front.
 Sewed the leaves onto some vintage seam binding. Done!
 I didn't show this wall in the previous posts.In a future post,I'll be explaining how I got to this furniture arrangement in the family room. It took me forever to decide. You can see Bowie's doggie toys in the wooden bowl.
Lots going on around here and it's still around 90 degrees.Come on fall-where are you? Hope you'll are getting some lovely weather. Joining Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch where you can see tons of pretty scapes. Go check it out.
Leslie

9 comments:

  1. Pretty fall table setting...I love fall!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tablescape is beautiful, fall-ish, but happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Magali. I didn't want it to be over the top, but kind of simple.

      Delete
  3. Your tablescape is so pretty, and the leaf banner is adorable.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy, it was fun setting up the tablescape. Banners are always easy and fun too.

      Delete
  4. I love everything about your fall decor! The leaf banner is lovely and I love the tablescape...the brown daisy pitcher is perfect with mums, and I'm still smiling from seeing the salt and pepper shakers! Such a happy, cozy feeling! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, and for your kind comment, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such sweet comments. I'm glad you think it's happy and cozy, cuz that's what I was going for! Welcome to Brookhollow Lane.

      Delete
  5. Chand Ko Dekhkar Bhi Subha Nhi Hoti,bebsi Ka Alam Bikhra Hai Sare Janha Me,Koi Bhi Awaz De Ab, Mann Ko Tasslli Nhi,Iss Trah Ji Rha Hu Tanha, Ab Subha Nhi Hoti,play bazaar Chand Ko Dekhkar Bhi Subha Nhi Hoti,Dard Ka Pinjar Bna Hai, Mera Suna Janha,satta kingKitni Bhi Dua Kro Ab, Rab Se Mere Mann,Zindgi Chatptati Hai, Par Riha Nhi Hoti,

    ReplyDelete