Sunday, November 13, 2016

Fall Days

I've been busy. Busy doing lots of this...
 and this. Son is coming home this week for Thanksgiving. So excited!
 Also this-I draw the pattern on fabric ...
 and start backstitching. I'll add some color after the stitching is done. This will be a Christmas ornament for other son. Teeny tiny stitches.
 I've also begun another project to use some of these pretty vintage tea towels. I'll show more as I progress. Some crochet is in order.
 I couldn't pass this up on Craig's list. I'll be doing some painting soon. It kinda matches the one I already have. These will be our night stands.
 I'll leave you with a pretty picture. The light was coming through the blinds. There is Bowie in his "spot"-he lays on the back top of the couch and looks out the window while he sunbathes. Notice the doggie picture and the little white Scottie. Even the wood carving on the wood furniture reminds me of a dog.
 Bowie says "Have a good week"!
By the way, our weather has been fantastic. Love the fall!
Leslie

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you have several projects going on, but isn't that the way we roll, LOL. I was hoping for a new apple recipe with that first photo. Always looks for new ideas for Fall comfort food.
    Bowie is such a cutey-pie :)
    Happy Sunday,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,
    Oh doesn't Bowie look so cute sitting in the sun!!! I know you are excited to have your son home and the fun of getting ready. So much to do this time of year. Love the start to your traditional ornament. Such detail and a lovely drawing. It's going to be outstanding.
    Have fun and enjoy. It won't be long till we usher in another Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year has flown by!
    Have a great week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Celeste. It is a busy time. I always love making the annual ornaments for the boys. That is Bowie's little spot, when he's not laying in his suitcase bed! Enjoy the weather and your week ahead.

      Delete
  3. Who can resist that sweet face?! He is so adorable. And how funny that the keyhole ornament looks like a dog face!

    I'm sure you're excited to have your family home for Thanksgiving, Leslie. Those visits are too few and far between, so it's nice to be prepared ahead of time so we can spend more time just visiting. Once again your personalized ornament is going to be a treasure to cherish.

    Enjoy the fall days!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bowie just makes me smile when I see his sweet face, Leslie! Enjoy your preparations for your son coming home. You have lots of projects to do and I always love seeing the results. Enjoy your week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love your projects. Just yesterday I visited an antique mall and saw a stack of vintage towels. I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you're being a busy little gal! Love your sweet embroidery you're doing. Now little Bowie is simply adorable! If you turned your back I would sneak him over to my house! ;) Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Shelia. Bowie is a cutie and he would probably go with you (if there were doggie treats involved)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Leslie! Thanks for popping in to see me and I want to wish you and your family a happy Thanksgiving.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Connect with your surroundings by celebrating each season. Be sure to take time to observe and appreciate the changing of the leaves in fall, the first snow in winter, the new blooms in spring and even the blazing sun in summer. By recognizing the natural passage of time, you will attain a greater sense of the process and purpose of your own life. satta king

    ReplyDelete